Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's the Little Things in Life...

...that make me giddy. I am such a nerd. For example, today I FINALLY went and bought a new mouse for my laptop. Why it took me so long, I have absolutely no idea. Had I had my mouth washed out with soap every time I cursed at the f-ing thing, I definitely would have gone through a least one case of soap over the last year. It had a mind of it's own and would randomly stop working, followed by the cursing, unplugging, more cursing, replugging, until it would finally start working again. My new high tech mouse is wireless! Woohoo! Although I am not yet enjoying that feature since it has to be plugged in while the batteries are charging. I'm sure tomorrow I will be even more in love with my most recent purchase.

This type of random elation is actually pretty common in my life. Like when Jimmy recently installed my new closet systems. They are the fancy pants type with a tower of wood shelves in the center, one rod set high up on the left and two rods on the right for extra hanging space. You would have thought I was 5 years old and Santa had just come when I got to put all my stuff back in. Color coordinated of course. Have I mentioned I'm anal? I get it from my Dad. I'd be embarrassed to admit the number of hours I've spent lovingly admiring all their organized beauty. This also happened to coincide with the painting of our bedroom. It only took 2 years and 2 months for us to get around to. Why? Again I have no clue. Our guestroom, offices and pretty much every other room in our house have been painted since we moved in. I suppose living with the absolutely retched pea green color for that long did make the transformation that much more satisfying. But I think the lesson here is that we should not put off the things today that will make us giddy and give our husbands yet another reason to make fun of us because of our blown out of proportion giddiness until tomorrow.

I've decided that this is a great place to share one of my loves, collecting quotes, and will try to share ones I love that are relevant (or maybe not) to whatever the subject of the day's ramblings may be. We will see how long it actually lasts, but for today:

"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done." ~Anonymous

"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid altogether." ~John Peers

"The road of by and by leads to the house of never." ~Spanish Saying

2 comments:

a real librarian said...

Organized beauty! You crack me up!

I get giddy over the silliest things, and DH always laughs at me!!

Courtney said...

Organizing or throwing things away totally floats my boat too. It's so exciting!!!!