Monday, October 15, 2007

Confession: I am NOT a patient person!

So I really thought I'd be a lot better on keeping up with my blog, but since I have other things to feel badly about not getting done I've decided not to dwell on this.

I am sitting here waiting to head to the movies because I will honestly make myself insane if I don't get my mind off things. I had my THIRD interview today for a marketing job I really want. I suppose I am in such a foul mood about this because I had convinced myself the only reason they would call me back for a third meeting would be to offer me a job. Turns out I was wrong. Apparently they are having a hard time deciding between me and another candidate, so they decided to call us both back in. The good news is that I have been assured a decision will be made by tomorrow afternoon. The bad news is that I am completely impatient and feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin waiting for the phone call which is still more than 12 hours away. Plus the unwavering confidence the job is mine has now been deflated. Job hunting definately was not this hard or frustrating when I last looked for a job 5 years ago.

I suppose this is another one of those tests that life throws a person. I am failing miserably. Like I do anytime I need to be patient. I can only describe my level of patience of that of a 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning and counting down the days. That feeling that you will LITERALLY die if time does not pass faster than the current snails pace it seems to be going at that moment. The only thing worse than this is waiting for vacation!

So it is time to leave for the movies. I promise to make my next post a bit more interesting.

"You have to have a lot of patience to learn patience." ~ Stanislaw Lec

1 comment:

a real librarian said...

I am sending you TONS of good vibes!!!

GL!!!