Friday, November 7, 2008

Look Mom, No Tears!

Amazingly it has been over a week since the last time I cried and I managed to get to our new home without crying once!  We got in safe last night, just got internet this afternoon and have the moving truck showing up tomorrow morning.  We have had some issues, most notably the fact that we went to the community office this afternoon to be informed no trucks over 24' are allowed on the property.  Our truck, which is WELL over 24', was supposed to be here at 8 am tomorrow.  Luckily the government transfer office is taking good care of us and 
have made arrangements to have our stuff unloaded onto a smaller truck so they can get to us.  It'll be later in the day, but our stuff should still be here tomorrow.  What a pain!  

And my plan was to go get our new FL licenses and tags this afternoon only I realized we carefully packed our lockbox with our birth certificates, social security cards, and other important documents in the car with us, but the key is packed on the truck and some of those documents we need for our new licenses.  So much for best laid plans!  

Anyway, I wanted to check in with those of you who I haven't talked 
to and let you know we got here safe.  We slept with our bedroom door open last night and woke up to the sounds of the ocean, so I have nothing really to complain about!  We will be very busy the next few days unpacking, but are excited to have Mike and Lydia coming down to watch NASA graciously launch the shuttle to celebrate my birthday!  I will update soon!

1 comment:

a real librarian said...

Hey hottie!!! Glad you got there safe!!! I am so jealous of your ocean view...it snowed here the other day! YUCK!