Tuesday, October 16, 2007

All Cheered Up

Well it's just after midnight, so I don't have to feel lame about posting twice in one day because it's technically now tomorrow. Jimmy and I went to see "The Heartbreak Kid". It won't be winning an academy award, but we laughed a lot and it definitely brought me out of my little pity party.

So here's some other interesting (maybe?) things that have been going on. Last weekend Jimmy and I went to DC to hang out with some friends. We ended up at the Chi Cha Lounge where we smoked mango out of a hookah pipe. Why you might ask, would one pay $18 to smoke dried fruit out of a hookah? Well honestly, I have no idea. But we were trendy and tried it out. No pictures of Jimmy and I, but here's Marvin and his girlfriend Katie. Despite the look on Marvin's face it really was just fruit. I swear!

















Since we stayed the night in DC and Jimmy had off for Columbus Day we decided to take advantage of what was sure to be one of the last hot days of the year and hit the National Zoo. I was stoked because I seem to always go when the pandas are either asleep or are outside hiding behind a tree. The pandas frankly are the highlight of my visit so it is a huge let down when they don't cooperate. Imagine my surprise when they were not only awake and inside where you could see them, but were playing with milk crates, much to the delight of myself and the 10,000 other little kids jammed in the viewing area. I only had to push a few of them out of the way to get my picture.





We also saw the funniest prairie dog ever who stood perfectly still right near the glass. I wish the picture showed the expression on his face better because it was hilarious.




And according to one mother I overheard talking to her child, the large tortoise on top is "scratching the back" of the smaller tortoise underneath. I'm not sure she found it too amusing when I said "bom chicka bom bom". Hmmm...do you say or sing "bom chicka bom bom" or is it just a noise? Well anyway, hopefully you know what I mean. I suppose I should suspend judgement on a parents decision to lie to their kids about sex until I have kids of my own. I must not be ready for kids because the 4 of us were WAY too amused by the whole situation including the fact that the male tortoise was making the loudest and funniest noise I've ever heard. I think my husband's weird sense of humor is rubbing off on me more than I than I like to admit.





This weekend Jimmy was sick so unfortunately many of our plans didn't end up panning out. I went solo with some friends to see the movie "Michael Clayton" on Saturday night. Good story, but it was long and slow and could have been better in my opinion. Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch. Well, we went to the parking lot of the pumpkin patch. We had not taken into consideration that in years past Jimmy would take off the afternoon on one of my weekday days off and we would go. For some reason the insane amount of children running around came as a surprise to us. So we got back in the car and drove to the nursery up the road to pick our pumpkins out without all the chaos. I got the COOLEST pumpkin ever and will definitely post a pic once we carve them. It's a whitish grey pumpkin that I'm planning to give a ghost like expression. Which is a joke because I have no artistic ability so it will probably have the same eyes, nose and mouth all my pumpkins do. I'm on a bit of a picture kick at the moment, so here are our pumpkins from last two years.







(Only the one on the bottom right is mine, so hopefully that is the face of a surprised ghost.)


I don't know about exciting, but hopefully this was if nothing else, more entertaining than my last post. Ciao for now!




"In youth we learn; in age we understand." -- Maria von Ebner Eschenbach

1 comment:

a real librarian said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Love the pumpkins, and BWAHAHAHAHA @ bom chicka bom bom!!!