Friday, October 26, 2007

It's Our Monthiversary!

We've been married 5 months today!!! Confession ~ I never finished my thank you notes. I should just do them now, but it seems kind of lame to be sending them out so late. I don't know what do you think?

On the married front, I simply can't believe it's been 5 months! On one hand it seems like yesterday and on the other hand it feels like a lifetime ago. Confession ~ I was freaked out about getting married right up to our wedding day. I don't know, I guess it was just the fact that it's so permanent. And also that I would be a WIFE and that would make me feel old. I was also pretty freaked out that guys would never see me as a single girl again. I know that's not the most amazing thing to admit, but it does make you feel young to have guys desire you despite the fact you are already in love with someone else. It really has nothing to do with wanting to be with them, it's just that there's still the option if you met someone incredible. The good news for my single friends is that married life is wonderful. I don't feel old, well at least not because I'm married. In some ways it doesn't really feel different at all and in other hard to describe ways, it really does. I feel like we are closer and better than ever, so knock on wood, being married is great.

I finally finished my second wedding album for anyone who is bored and/or interested. And if not, I'm still throwing in a few favorite wedding pictures here to celebrate the day.














I really should get my butt off the couch and get a few things done before Jimmy gets home from work and I'm still in my pajamas. Especially since I'm hoping to use our 5 month anniversary as an excuse to go out to dinner. But before I sign off, a quick update on the job front.

I haven't heard anything more about the marketing job, but am planning to email them today to see if I can find out anything new. I have started working ~ as a bartender at my cousin's bar. It's pretty sad/funny/ironic that I left my last company so I could have weekends off only to get one of the few jobs that has consistently worse hours. I have zero bartending experience and so far, with the exception of pouring beer or making drinks like "rum and coke" or "vodka and cranberry", I only know how to make a red headed slut. Hopefully I will pick up a few new drinks over the weekend. But it is totally different than any other job I've had and it can be fun and makes me feel young. It's definitely not a long-term job path for me, but it's something to make money while I look for a "career" job. If nothing else I think it's great experience to have since it's always a job you can easily get and fall back on, if and when life throws you a curve ball or when Jimmy and I finally move out of the area.

That's it for now. Hopefully between working this weekend and going out for Halloween/Alex's birthday tomorrow night I will have some funny stories to share next week.



"I used to believe that marriage would diminish me, reduce my options. That you had to be someone less to live with someone else when, of course, you have to be someone more." ~ Candice Bergen

4 comments:

janineb said...

congratulations on your monthiversary! Please do still consider your thank you notes. I am at the 4 month mark, and haven't done them yet either, so it gives me hope I am not the worst bride ever :). I plan to have them done by mid-November (November 14, my 5 monthiversary) at this point. Should we challenge eachoher???

Michele said...

Congrats!! I would go ahead and send the rest of the thank you notes out. At least you have the wedding albums done. I have been married for 8 months and haven't even started them yet!!!

a real librarian said...

Hey girl!! Happy Monthiversary!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! I would definitely still get those TY cards out! They will be appreciated!!!
Have fun bar tending - maybe you can be the official 'mixologist' at the GTG!!
Keep us posted on that marketing job!!!

Christy said...

Happy 5monthiversary!